Awarding winning accommodation in a rural location in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty with its own nature reserve, river frontage and great facilities. Lower Marsh Farm is stunning, peaceful and run sustainably for wildlife.
Kingfisher Barn (named after the Kingfishers found on the Salt Marsh) is an attractive stone converted barn which provides superior accommodation for up to 8 people staying at Lower Marsh Farm. Set over two floors, the top floor boasts a large open plan lofty beamed ceiling kitchen / living area (approximately 5m x 10m) with oak flooring, dining table and a fitted kitchen with all modern conveniences. Outside there is a private garden area with your own hot tub, a table and chairs for al-fresco dining and a BBQ.
Guests have full access to all of our amenities – including a tennis court, orchard, basketball hoop, Salt Marsh Nature Reserve, woodland and private shingle river tidal beach. The ample space on the farm, self check-in option, lots of walks from your door (maps are provided).
If you are rather looking forward to some peace and quiet, then this tranquil rural spot fits the bill; we can even arrange private yoga classes for you if desired. There are also a number of bookable experiences and treats here at Lower Marsh Farm including private wild food foraging workshops, wine tasting evenings, spa treatments, afternoon tea, suppers and more.
Also we are Cornwall Wildlife Trust Members which gives our guests access to their wildlife education sessions for children which include mini-beast safaris, rock pooling events and bird box making. You can also purchase discounted tickets for the Lost Gardens of Heligan. The farm is managed in an eco-friendly manner and you can find out more about this here – we are always happy to discuss how this works during your visit.
You can also have great quality, sustainably grown food delivered by local providers – and we also grow many of our own vegetables too. A dairy located in the next village can provide milk and dairy products.
Children and babies are very welcome and we can provide a variety of the necessities associated with small people (cots, highchairs and more)! We have ample parking and storage areas for bikes and surf boards.
After a day of exploring the farm and nearby areas, relax with a drink in front of the roaring log burner – you are welcome to use wood from our wood store.
There are so many things to do here and out and about, but for any rainy days, the barn comes complete with a 49″ wall mounted satellite television, Blu-Ray/DVD player and 5.1 surround sound. You can even connect your iPod / iPhone wirelessly to the sound system to play your favourite tunes whilst you cook or eat. There are books, board games and DVDs in the barn for your use.
Find out from previous guests why this is such a special place to stay!
- Sleeping up to 8 people in 4 bedrooms, Kingfisher Barn has 3 bedrooms with king size double beds (or twin singles) and 1 bedroom with a bunk-bed.
- Ample off street parking (for up to 3 cars by prior arrangement).
- An EV charger is available at the farm (request a tag when booking and you will be charged for the amount of electricity used).
- Modern fitted kitchen with full self catering facilities including a good sized fridge / freezer, dishwasher and washing machine.
- Wood burner.
- Free Wi-Fi.
- DVD / Blu-Ray Player.
- Large flat-screen Satellite Television.
- 5.1 Surround Sound with AirPlay Streaming.
- Hot tub, al fresco dining with BBQ in private garden.
- Luxury Egyptian Cotton bed linen, fluffy cotton towels, complementary toiletries and heating are included.
- This is a NO SMOKING (including e-Cigarettes) property (inside and outside).
- There is good mobile phone reception here with most providers.
- Storage available for bikes, surf boards etc.
- Dog friendly! You are welcome to bring your dog/s (at an extra charge of £20 per dog per stay). Your large garden is fenced and there are plenty of walks straight from your front door (and a hose pipe for washing them down if needed!). We provide a dog hamper with essentials like towels and a blanket (if required, a dog bed is available). Please be aware however, that we have resident chickens, ducks, geese, dogs and cows. Therefore, dogs do need to be well behaved and kept under control at all times. A pet sitting service is available by prior arrangement in the village. We welcome Registered Guide and Hearing Dogs, at no extra cost.
- If you are travelling with a young baby or toddler then we can provide a variety of the necessities they require – find out more here.
- Want some pampering during your stay or perhaps a massage without leaving the comfort of the barn? Click here to find out more.
- Should any members of your party that have accessibility requirements, we have additional ground floor accommodation available so please do contact us to discuss. Click here to view the accessibility guide for Kingfisher Barn.
- Ground floor entrance to the 4 bedrooms, bathroom and second WC. A flight of stairs up to First Floor which is open plan with kitchen, dinning area, sitting room area, wood burner. The is also a first floor entrance reached via 2 half flights of stairs. External and internal doors are all of a standard width and height. Kitchen work tops are of a standard height. If a member of your party suffers from memory impairments, we can put up internal door signage, and the environment is peaceful – we also offer ready to cook evening meals to lighten the load!).
- A number of bookable extras are available such as a delicious Cornish Afternoon Tea for your arrival, a home cooked meal ready for you on your first evening or for a special event during your stay, daily house-keeping, and Lifestyle Concierge services (arrange Birthday Cakes, event tickets or whatever). Please contact us with your request and for pricing.
- Free to use ‘Hot Desk’ office space, while you are staying with us.
- Visiting at Christmas? Find out what’s on and how we help make your festivities special.