Click on the image to see scrolling buttons.
Booking for Valentine’s Day? We can arrange romantic extras to make your stay even more memorable, click here to find out more.
Silver award winner in the Cornwall Tourism Awards 2017 / 2018 Self Catering Property of the Year category and awarded Highly Commended in their Wildlife Friendly Tourism Business Award category, you will be staying in one of the best locations in Cornwall.
Kingfisher Barn (named after the Kingfishers found on the Salt Marsh) is an attractive stone converted barn which provides superior accommodation for 4-8 people staying at Lower Marsh Farm. Set over two floors, the top floor boasts a large open plan lofty beamed ceiling kitchen / living area (approx 5m x 10m) with oak flooring, dining table and a fitted kitchen with all modern conveniences. Outside there’s a private garden area with your own hot tub, a table and chairs for al-fresco dining, BBQ, a tree perfect for kids to climb on and herbs for adding to your dinner.
Guests have full access to all of our amenities – including tennis court, orchard and picnic area, basketball hoop, woodland and private shingle beach. Also we are Cornwall Wildlife Trust Members which gives our guests access to their wildlife education sessions for children which include mini-beast safaris, rock pooling events and bird box making. We can also offer our guests discounted tickets for the Lost Gardens of Heligan and Eden Project. The farm is managed in an eco-friendly manner and you can find out more about this here – we are happy to explain how this works during your visit.
Children and babies are very welcome and we can provide a variety of the necessities associated with small people (cots, highchairs and more)! We have ample parking and storage areas for bikes and surf boards.
After a day of exploring the Farm and nearby areas, relax with a drink in front of the roaring log burner – you are welcome to use wood from our wood store.
There are so many things to do here and out and about, but for any rainy days, the barn comes complete with a 49″ wall mounted satellite television, Blu-Ray/DVD player and 5.1 surround sound. You can even connect your iPod / iPhone wirelessly to the sound system to play your favourite tunes whilst you cook or eat. There are books and DVDs in the the property for your use.
Find out from previous guests why this is such a special place to stay!
- Sleeps up to 8 people in 4 bedrooms: 3 with king size double beds (or twin singles) and 1 with a bunk-bed.
- Ample off street parking (for up to 4 cars by prior arrangement).
- Fully Fitted Kitchen with full self catering facilities including a good sized fridge / freezer, dish washer and washing machine.
- Wood burner.
- Free Wi-Fi.
- DVD / Blu-Ray Player.
- Large flat-screen Satellite Television.
- 5.1 Surround Sound with AirPlay Streaming.
- Hot tub, al fresco dining with BBQ in private garden.
- Ground floor entrance to the 4 bedrooms, bathroom and second WC. A flight of stairs up to First Floor which is open plan with kitchen, dinning area, sitting room area, wood burner. The is also a first floor entrance reached via 2 half flights of stairs.
- External and internal doors are all of a standard width and height. Kitchen work tops are of a standard height.
- Luxury Egyptian Cotton bed linen, white fluffy cotton towels, complementary toiletries and heating (via efficient storage heaters) included.
- This is a NO SMOKING property.
- There is good mobile phone reception here with most providers.
- Storage available for bikes, surf boards etc.
- If you are travelling with a young baby or toddler then we can provide a variety of the necessities they require – find out more here.
- Want some pampering during your stay? A massage perhaps without leaving the comfort of the barn? Click here to find out more.
- If you have members of your party that have accessibility requirements, we have additional ground floor accommodation available so please do contact us to discuss. Click here to view the accessibility guide for Kingfisher Barn. If a member of your party suffers from memory impairments, we can put up internal door signage, and external doors are lockable with a removable key (the environment is peaceful and we can offer ready to cook evening meals to lighten the load!).
- We can provide a delicious Cornish Afternoon Tea for your arrival, organise a home cooked meal ready for you on your first evening or for a special event during your stay, provide daily house-keeping, plus other Lifestyle Concierge services (arrange Birthday Cakes, event tickets or whatever), please contact us with your request and for pricing.
You are welcome to bring your dog/s (at an extra charge of £20 per dog per stay). However, we have resident chickens, ducks, geese, dogs and cows so dogs need to be well behaved and kept under control at all times. If you want to bring your dog, please contact us before booking to discuss. A pet sitting service is available by prior arrangement in the village. We welcome Registered Guide and Hearing Dogs, at no extra cost.