The excellent award-winning training venue facilities at Lower Marsh Farm are available to hire for residential training courses. The venue is ideal for those who want a special experience for their clients where there is plenty to do once the training sessions have finished; nature, walking, tennis, self-care opportunities.
Owned and operated by experienced customer-service focused team, you can relax knowing that your clients will be well looked after at this gorgeous training venue. Our per day delegate rate is from £114 per person including overnight accommodation, use of the facilities, refreshments throughout the day, breakfast, lunch and dinner. For delegates not staying overnight the day rate is from £37 per person. These prices are based on a group of 13 delegates and 1 trainer.
Nic C said… “Having run retreats for my Pilates clients at this location for several years I cannot recommend Lower Marsh Farm enough. The accommodation is incredibly comfortable, the setting spectacular and the food beyond delicious. 15 retreats and counting at this amazing location! June ’23
Suzanne says “I wanted to thank you for yet another amazing stay at Lower Marsh Farm, everything was perfect so please pass on our deep gratitude to all of the amazing people who make everything happen thus allowing us to hold this training with you. This of course includes your peacocks, ducks and those cheeky chickens!” May ’23
Facilities on site include:
- Comfortable accommodation for up to 13 – 20 guests in rooms that can mostly be configured with either double (king sized) or twin rooms. Luxury Egyptian Cotton bed linen, white fluffy cotton towels and complementary toiletries included. 6 of the bedspaces are in fully insulated and dry yurts.
- Daily housekeeping service (making up beds, changing towels, cleaning and tidying common areas).
- Separate trainer accommodation in large luxury bedroom with en-suite bathroom.
- Full catering (you can choose which meals are needed) served buffet style including breakfast, lunch, dinner, refreshments (tea, coffee, cold soft drinks) during the day and cream teas. We have a 5 star food hygiene rating.
- Unlimited usage of training room (9m x 5.5m). This room has tables, chairs and projection facilities (flip charts can be provided on request). The training room can also quickly converted to a games room (with table tennis table) or a studio for well-being classes. Click here to see a video walk-though.
- There is free WiFi in the accommodation and training room. Plus there is good mobile phone reception here with most providers. Small volume photocopying and printing available.
- 15 minutes from Saltash train station and 30 minutes from Plymouth train station. Direct train line from London Paddington to Plymouth (takes approximately 3 hours 30 minutes). We can arrange for guests to be collected by taxi or mini-bus.
- Plenty of on-site parking.
- Stunning atmospheric therapy room which can be available to your clients for well-being treatments including massages, meditation etc.
- Unlimited usage of hot tubs and tennis court.
- Lovely walks around the farm, down to the river, through the woods and further afield. Opportunities for walking meditation, forest bathing, wild swimming, outdoor classes (including the tennis court), meditation and fire ceremony circles.
- Mini-bus hire available locally for day trips or evenings out. We can also offer our guests discounted tickets for the Lost Gardens of Heligan.
- Activities can be arranged such as a wine tasting evening, stand-up paddle boarding lesson, wild food foraging workshop, a soundbath or even a vineyard tour.
- Workshops and activities in our fruit and vegetable garden (operated on organic no-dig principles) are also available such as apple juice pressing. These are seasonal.
- We can support with marketing and booking management.
- The farm is managed in an eco-friendly manner and you can find out more about this here – we are happy to explain how this works during your visit.
Silver award winner in the Cornwall Tourism Awards 2017 / 2018 Self Catering Property of the Year category and awarded Highly Commended in their Wildlife Friendly Tourism Business Award category, you will be staying in one of the best locations in Cornwall.
Situated in the stunning Tamar Valley on the Cornwall / Devon border with over 40 acres of peaceful seclusion including an orchard with picnic area, private woodland, shingle beach and rare Salt Marsh habitat (a designated Site of Special Scientific Interest). The retreat venue is conveniently located just 15 minutes from Plymouth and easy to find but off the beaten track! It is a magical location with wildlife everywhere including deer, badgers, kingfishers, owls and bats nesting on the farm and regularly visible.
Kate S said…“I have now run two retreats at Lower Marsh Farm, and I couldn’t recommend it highly enough. As the facilitator, Olivia makes it all SO easy; arranging everything from catering to studio configuration. Her communication is prompt and helpful, and the farm is always immaculate. As for my guests, they leave having fallen in love with Lower Marsh Farm. This is because it feels like home as soon as you arrive; the rooms are clean and cosy, the food is out of this world, the scenery is peaceful and quiet, and Olivia and her team as so warm and helpful. We are always sad to leave, but drive away feeling relaxed, recharged and extremely full! I’m not sure any other venue could compete!” January 2023
Frank P said…“I stayed at Lower Marsh Farm for an improv retreat this past weekend. It was a wonderful experience. The accommodation was lovely and the facilities tip top. The staff were all so friendly and interested. My time staying was a joy. Thank you.” October 2022
Stephen S said…“Warm people, lovely rooms and delicious food. Ducks and every sort of activity you could ask for. The beds were comfy and the accommodation had everything we could have asked for. Olivia and Steph really looked after all of us. I had almost lost interest in food before I arrived at the farm. With a little love and care I feel like I was recalibrated back to enjoying eating with friends. Stay in a yurt! Become a yurt person , a yurtolian. Make friends with a tree, pick your favourite duck, jump in the river, Cautiously follow a peacock around. Enjoy life again.” October 2022
Zoe & Lauren said…“Thanks again for an INCREDIBLE weekend! The feedback has all been so positive and you and the team were all just phenomenal – also for the food and venue, every single attendee gave us 4/5 or 5/5 on the survey ????” June 2022
Maria P said…”I hired Lower Marsh Farm as a venue for a retreat and I couldn’t have asked for anything more. From the moment I arrived the staff were friendly, the rooms impeccable and everything had been thought of. Olivia, Valerie & Chris were friendly, welcoming & unobtrusive. Then there was the food. It was absolutely incredible. I’d go back again for the food alone. And that Cherry Bakewell Cheesecake – we agreed was the highlight of the whole retreat. Definitely recommend this place and it deserves all the awards it gets! ” March 2020
Stacey W said “One of the most beautiful places you could ever stay. We ran a retreat here and the 5* service, hospitality and venue definitely exceeded our expectations. Thank you to Olivia and her team, we will certainly return.” May 2019
Nic C said… “Back from the most amazing weekend leading our retreat in Cornwall. A huge thank you for providing the most beautiful setting and strong connection to nature, tastiest food and surroundings – we could really feel safe and let go!” March 2019
Katie B said…”Just wanted to drop you a quick line to say a huge thank you for such a wonderful weekend. Really enjoyed your beautiful surroundings, the delicious food, and the muddy walks! I am still smelling those hyacinths you put in the room for us :)” March 2019
Heather G said…“Don’t hesitate to book. The food, accommodation and the welcome are all wonderful. Thank you!” December 2017
June H said…”Spent three nights here – lovely location and really nice accommodation with hotel standard service. I was on a retreat so food was provided and it was absolutely lovely. Couldn’t fault it and would certainly recommend.” November 2017
Wayne B said…”I cannot recommend Lower Marsh Farm enough. It is absolute bliss!” August 2017
Michaela W said…“wonderful piece of heaven” July 2017
Chrissie W said…“better in real life than you could imagine” April 2017
For Terms & Conditions please click here.