Lower Marsh Farm can be hired for day retreats and corporate events. The venue is ideal for those who want a special experience for their clients or team members where there is plenty to do once the training or work has finished; nature, walking, tennis, self-care opportunities.
Owned and operated by an experienced customer-service focused team, you can relax knowing that your clients will be well looked after at this gorgeous training venue.
Availability is limited to weekdays during school term times.
Award winning, sustainably managed, you will be in one of the best locations in the South West.
Situated in the stunning Tamar Valley on the Cornwall / Devon border with over 40 acres of peaceful seclusion including an orchard with picnic area, private woodland, shingle beach and rare Salt Marsh habitat (a designated Site of Special Scientific Interest). The retreat venue is conveniently located just 15 minutes from Plymouth and easy to find but off the beaten track! It is a magical location with wildlife everywhere including deer, badgers, kingfishers, owls and bats nesting on the farm and regularly visible.
On site we can offer:
- Unlimited usage of studio / training / meeting room (9m x 5.5m). For well-being retreats this room has yoga mats, soft blankets and table / chairs if required. For desk based training or presentations, tables, chairs and projection facilities (flip charts can be provided on request). Click here to see a video walk-though.
- Full catering served buffet style including breakfast, lunch, dinner, refreshments (tea, coffee, cold soft drinks) during the day and cream teas. We have a 5 star food hygiene rating.
- Within the grounds there are several areas ideal for walking meditation, forest bathing, wild swimming, outdoor classes, meditation and fire ceremony circles. There is also a tennis court available for use.
- Provision of supporting services from local practitioners for example a Yoga or Pilates class, wild food foraging workshop, or stand-up paddle boarding lesson!
- Workshops and activities in our fruit and vegetable garden (operated on organic no-dig principles) are also available such as apple juice pressing. These are seasonal.
- Lovely walks around the farm, down to the river and further afield.
- The farm is managed in an eco-friendly manner and you can find out more about this here – we are happy to explain how this works during your visit.
- There is free WiFi and good mobile phone reception here with most providers.
- Direct train line from London Paddington to Plymouth (takes approximately 3 hours 30 minutes) and we can arrange for guests to be collected.
Please contact us for more details and pricing on hiring the retreat venue. Our per day delegate rates start from £30 per person for a minimum of 10 people.
Optionally we can also offer:
- Stunning atmospheric therapy room which can be available to your clients for well-being treatments including massages, meditation etc.
- Unlimited usage of a hot tub.
- Accommodation for booking leaders is available if required, and also overnight accommodation for your guests.
- Support with marketing and booking management.
FIND OUT WHAT OUR GUESTS SAY HERE.
Kate S said…“I have now run two retreats at Lower Marsh Farm, and I couldn’t recommend it highly enough. As the facilitator, Olivia makes it all SO easy; arranging everything from catering to studio configuration. Her communication is prompt and helpful, and the farm is always immaculate. As for my guests, they leave having fallen in love with Lower Marsh Farm. This is because it feels like home as soon as you arrive; the rooms are clean and cosy, the food is out of this world, the scenery is peaceful and quiet, and Olivia and her team as so warm and helpful. We are always sad to leave, but drive away feeling relaxed, recharged and extremely full! I’m not sure any other venue could compete!” January 2023
Maria P said…”I hired Lower Marsh Farm as a venue for a retreat and I couldn’t have asked for anything more. From the moment I arrived the staff were friendly, the rooms impeccable and everything had been thought of. Olivia, Valerie & Chris were friendly, welcoming & unobtrusive. Then there was the food. It was absolutely incredible. I’d go back again for the food alone. And that Cherry Bakewell Cheesecake – we agreed was the highlight of the whole retreat. Definitely recommend this place and it deserves all the awards it gets! ” March 2020
Stacey W said…“One of the most beautiful places you could ever stay. We ran a retreat here and the 5* service, hospitality and venue definitely exceeded our expectations. Thank you to Olivia and her team, we will certainly return.” May 2019
At one of our retreats… “The venue is absolutely fantastic, I love the yoga space and the food was absolutely amazing. Thank you all for a wonderful experience.” November 2018
Heather G said…“Don’t hesitate to book. The food, accommodation and the welcome are all wonderful. Thank you!” December 2017
Wayne B said…”I cannot recommend Lower Marsh Farm enough. It is absolute bliss!” August 2017
Chrissie W said…“better in real life than you could imagine” April 2017
For Terms & Conditions please click here.