Silver award winner in the Cornwall Tourism Awards 2017 / 2018 Self Catering Property of the Year category and awarded Highly Commended in their Wildlife Friendly Tourism Business Award category, you will be staying in one of the best locations in Cornwall.
Romance on your mind? Click here to find out how we can help!
Orchard Cottage (named after its garden which overlooks the Orchard across to the Woods) is a Victorian Gothic style attached property which provides romantic cosy accommodation for 2-3 people staying at Lower Marsh Farm. Set all on the ground floor, it has been fully refurbished in 2016 with a modern eat-in kitchen, stylish bathroom, comfortable living and sleeping area with oak flooring and a wood burner.
Outside there’s a private garden area overlooking the orchard with your own hot tub, a table and chairs for al-fresco dining. The garden is planted with a pretty herbaceous border (still young) and includes a gorgeous dark purple Buddleia which swarms with butterflies in the summer. Also there is a small plum tree with fruits ready for picking in late summer and just outside the garden but with some branches hanging over is an ancient mulberry tree whose delicious fruits are again ready in late summer. Then a few steps takes you into the Orchard where there are apples, cherries, pears, plums, walnuts and a young Quince so there are fruit treats ready from July onwards with the final apples maturing as late as November!
Orchard Cottage has step free access and is all on the ground floor so suitable for those with limited mobility.
Guests have full access to all of our amenities – including tennis court, orchard and picnic area, basketball hoop, woodland and private shingle beach. Also we are Cornwall Wildlife Trust Members which gives our guests access to their wildlife education sessions for children which include mini-beast safaris, rock pooling events and bird box making. We can also offer our guests discounted tickets for the Lost Gardens of Heligan and Eden Project. The farm is managed in an eco-friendly manner and you can find out more about this here – we are happy to explain how this works during your visit.
After a day of exploring the Farm and nearby areas, relax with a drink in front of the roaring log burner – you are welcome to use wood from our wood store.
There are so many things to do here and out and about, but for any rainy days, the cottage comes complete with a flat screen satellite television and DVD player. There are books and DVDs in the property for your use.
Read recent reviews to find out what previous guests thought.
- Sleeps 2-3 people in 1 king size bed and a double sofa bed (suitable for a young child).
- Off street parking directly outside the cottage.
- Fully Fitted Kitchen with full self catering facilities including a good sized fridge / freezer, dish washer and washing machine.
- Wood burner.
- Free Wi-Fi.
- DVD Player.
- Large flat-screen Satellite Television.
- Hot tub, al fresco dining with BBQ in private garden
- External and internal doors are all of a standard width and height. Kitchen work tops are of a standard height. Bathroom is designed to be helpful to those with limited mobility (grab bar next to WC and very low profile shower tray).
- Luxury Egyptian Cotton bed linen, white fluffy cotton towels, complementary toiletries and heating included.
- This is a NO SMOKING property.
- There is good mobile phone reception here with most providers.
- Storage available for bikes, surf boards etc.
- If you are travelling with a young baby or toddler then we can provide a variety of the necessities they require – find out more here.
- Want some pampering during your stay? A massage perhaps without leaving the comfort of the cottage? Click here to find out more.
- Click here to view the accessibility guide for Orchard Cottage. If a member of your party suffers from memory impairments, we can put up internal door signage, and external doors are lockable with a removable key (the environment is peaceful and we can offer ready to cook evening meals to lighten the load!).
- We can provide a delicious Cornish Afternoon Tea for your arrival, organise a home cooked meal ready for you on your first evening or for a special event during your stay, provide daily house-keeping, plus other Lifestyle Concierge services (arrange Birthday Cakes, event tickets, a massage in the cottage or whatever), please contact us with your request and for pricing.
You are welcome to bring your dog/s (at an extra charge of £20 per dog per stay). However, we have resident chickens, ducks, geese, dogs and cows so dogs need to be well behaved and kept under control at all times. A pet sitting service is available by prior arrangement in the village. We welcome Registered Guide and Hearing Dogs, at no extra cost.
Find us on Last Minute Holiday Cottages