Orchard Cottage (named after its garden which overlooks the orchard across to woodland) is a Victorian Gothic style attached property which provides picturesque cosy accommodation for up to 3 people set within the grounds at Lower Marsh Farm.
Awarding winning accommodation in a rural location in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty with its own nature reserve, river frontage and great facilities. Lower Marsh Farm is stunning, peaceful and run sustainably for wildlife.
Emily P said “A perfect place for relaxation!” June ’22
Set all on the ground floor, recently fully refurbished with a modern eat-in kitchen, stylish bathroom, comfortable living and sleeping area with oak flooring and a wood burner.
Outside there is a private, securely fenced garden area overlooking the orchard with your own private hot tub, a table and chairs for al-fresco dining and a BBQ. The garden is planted with a pretty herbaceous border and includes a gorgeous dark purple Buddleia which swarms with butterflies in the summer. Just outside the garden but with some branches hanging over is an ancient mulberry tree whose delicious fruits are ready in late summer. Then a few steps takes you into the Orchard where there are apples, cherries, pears, plums, walnuts and a young Quince so there are fruit treats ready from July onwards with the final apples maturing as late as November!
After a day of exploring the farm and nearby areas, relax with a drink in front of the roaring log burner – you are welcome to use wood from our wood store.
There are so many things to do here and out and about, but for any rainy days, the cottage comes complete with a flat screen television and DVD player. There are books, board games and DVDs in the cottage for your use.
Orchard Cottage has step free access and is all on the ground floor making the cottage comfortable for those with limited mobility.
Louise C said “If you looking for somewhere to be calm and get away from the everyday hustle and bustle of life this place is perfect. We have recommended to several people already we were that impressed..” July ’22
Take a virtual tour
All the details
- Sleeps up to 3 people in 1 king size bed (can be configured as 2 single beds) and a double sofa bed (suitable for a young child).
- Luxury Egyptian Cotton bed linen, fluffy cotton towels.
- Modern fitted kitchen with full self catering facilities including a good sized fridge / freezer, dishwasher and washing machine.
- Off street parking directly outside the cottage.
- EV charger access (request a tag when booking and you will be charged for the amount of electricity used).
- Large flat-screen Television, DVD Player and of course, free Wi-Fi.
- Access to all of our amenities including a tennis court, orchard, basketball hoop, Salt Marsh Nature Reserve, woodland, private shingle river tidal beach and a Games Room.
- Storage available for bikes, surf boards etc.
- Great quality, sustainably grown food can be delivered by local providers – and we also grow many of our own vegetables too which are available in an honesty shop along with other farm produce such as eggs and apple juice. A dairy located in the next village can provide milk and dairy products.
- Subject to availability and a small extra charge, you can request an early check-in (up to 2 hours) and / or a late check-out (up to 1 hour).
John C said “Hot tub was lovely, even had a barn owl fly over while we were soaking. Idyllic.” April ’22
Upgrade your stay with an experience to remember
Things to know
No Smoking or Vaping
This includes all areas of the farm – both inside the property and all of the outside grounds.
You are welcome to bring your dog/s (at an extra charge of £20 per dog per stay). Your large garden is fenced and there are plenty of walks straight from your front door (and a hose pipe for washing them down if needed!). We provide a dog hamper with essentials like towels and a blanket (if required, a dog bed is available). Please be aware however, that we have resident chickens, ducks, geese, dogs and cows. Therefore, dogs do need to be well behaved and kept under control at all times. A pet sitting service is available by prior arrangement in the village. We welcome Registered Guide and Hearing Dogs, at no extra cost.
Need to do some work?
There is good mobile phone reception here with most providers. The broadband here is of a decent speed enabling ‘working from home’ if needed – video meetings are a breeze!
If there is a retreat running at the same time as your booking, the games room will not be available to use.
Click here to view the accessibility guide for the cottage. External and internal doors are all of a standard width and height. Kitchen work tops are of a standard height. The bathroom is designed to be helpful for guests with limited mobility. There is a grab bar next to WC and very low profile shower tray. If a member of your party suffers from memory impairments, we can put up internal door signage, the environment is peaceful and we can offer ready to cook evening meals to lighten the load!