Life is busy, then along come kids and it can become a manic highly organised chaos!
Do you think your youngster would enjoy spending time with just you?
No siblings to vie for attention.
Screentime free. No social media or emails or in fact any devices for you or them!
Time for some rest, relaxation, time in nature and a bit of an adventure.
Time to make memories – for you and for them.
Vanessa G said “Absolutely fantastic place to stay.” Oct ’22
Escape to a techology-free zone, in an off-grid yurt to de-stress and reconnect with your child surrounded by nature.
What is on offer?
1 – 3 nights stylish comfortable accomodation, either self-catering or we can provide ‘ready to heat’ meals and hampers, nestled on a peaceful estate with extensive grounds of over 40 acres including woodland, river frontage, tennis, games room and a Salt Marsh Nature Reserve.
~ Relax in stunning Cornish location
~ Cosy up in front of a log burner with a book from our library
~ Play some board games or perhaps some tennis?
~ Instant camera available to borrow to capture special moments
~ Cook meals at your outdoor fire pit (and toast marshmallows of course) or in the well equipped field kitchen
~ Walks from your door with your dog
~ Try a new Experience, how about SUP or wild food foraging?
~ Sleep in luxury Egyptian Cotton bed linen
~ Lockbox for devices to be put away for the duration of your break (non-smart phone provided so you can be got hold of by family if needed)
Taylor H said “Would recommend 100%.” Oct ’22
Book some of the experiences available during your stay…
When can you begin your adventure?
The calendars below show the availability – choose your dates and book your break for precious time making memories.
- Arrival from 3pm, time to settle into your accomodation and explore the grounds, perhaps a game of tennis or a walk down to the river for a swim and campfire supper.
- 11.30am – A lesson to learn to start a fire without matches after hunting around the farm for plants useful as tinder
- 3pm – Wild food foraging workshop
- Supper with marshmallow toasting and hot chocolate making
- Stand-up paddleboard class – time is tide dependant
- Chill out time, choose a book from our library or select a boardgame to enjoy together
- Take a trip out to a local pub for dinner
- Depart by 11am
What do you need to know?
- Booking deposits are non-refundable and the balance is due 6 weeks prior to your arrival date. We do not provide holiday insurance and would recommend you take out your own cover.
- Activities are undertaken at participants’ own risk.
About Lower Marsh Farm, Cornwall / Devon border
Lower Marsh Farm, in the stunning Tamar Valley on the border of Cornwall and Devon, is the perfect setting for your multigeneration holiday. Perfect for those large family getaways. Our accommodation sleeps from 1 to 19 people in our comfortable award-winning dog friendly accommodation. This country estate is set far from the madding crowd yet within easy access of all that Cornwall and Devon have to offer which includes beaches, moorland walks and gorgeous gardens.
Silver award winner in the Cornwall Tourism Awards 2017 / 2018 Self Catering Property of the Year category and awarded Highly Commended in their Wildlife Friendly Tourism Business Award category, you will be staying in one of the best locations in Cornwall. Find out more about our awards and what people say here.
The facilities at Lower Marsh Farm include:
- Over 40 acres of grounds to explore including Salt Marsh Nature Reserve, river frontage, beach, woodland, pastures and also an orchard,
- Tennis court (rackets and balls provided),
- Hot tubs,
- Games room with table tennis, a wide selection of welly boots that can be borrowed for country and even beach walks,
- Basketball hoop,
The farm is managed in an eco-friendly sustainable manner and you can find out more about this here – we are happy to explain how this works during your visit. On the farm there is wildlife galore including deer, badgers, otters, owls, bats and numerous ground wading birds plus chickens, ducks, Highland Cows and a dog!
Things to do locally
There are a fantastic selection of beaches to visit, walking routes, places to dine out and days out for everyone – you can find out more here