Residential retreat venue that retreat and activity holiday leaders can hire the excellent facilities at Lower Marsh Farm to run their own retreats or activity holidays.
Silver award winner in the Cornwall Tourism Awards 2017 / 2018 Self Catering Property of the Year category and awarded Highly Commended in their Wildlife Friendly Tourism Business Award category, you will be staying in one of the best locations in Cornwall.
Situated in the stunning Tamar Valley on the Cornwall / Devon border with over 40 acres of peaceful seclusion including an orchard with picnic area, private woodland, shingle beach and rare Salt Marsh habitat (a designated Site of Special Scientific Interest). The retreat venue is conveniently located just 15 minutes from Plymouth and easy to find but off the beaten track! It is a magical location with wildlife everywhere including deer, badgers, kingfishers, owls and bats nesting on the farm and regularly visible. Find out what our guests say here.
Heather G said…“Don’t hesitate to book. The food, accommodation and the welcome are all wonderful. Thank you!” December 2017
June H said…”Spent three nights here – lovely location and really nice accommodation with hotel standard service. I was on a retreat so food was provided and it was absolutely lovely. Couldn’t fault it and would certainly recommend.” November 2017
Wayne B said…”I cannot recommend Lower Marsh Farm enough. It is absolute bliss!” August 2017
Michaela W said…“wonderful piece of heaven” July 2017
Chrissie W said…“better in real life than you could imagine” April 2017
On site we can offer:
- Comfortable accommodation for up to 11 guests in a mixture of double and twin rooms. Luxury Egyptian Cotton bed linen, white fluffy cotton towels and complementary toiletries included.
- Separate retreat leader accommodation in large bedroom which can sleep up to 4 people with en-suite bathroom.
- Full catering served buffet style including breakfast, lunch, dinner, refreshments (tea, coffee, cold soft drinks) during the day and cream teas. We can also offer cooking from a fantastic holistic chef.
- Daily housekeeping service (making up beds, changing towels, cleaning and tidying common areas).
- Unlimited usage of studio (9m x 5.5m). For well-being retreats this room has yoga mats, soft blankets and table / chairs if required. The studio can also be used as a games room (with table tennis table) or to give talks / presentations with projector and sound system facilities.
- Stunning atmospheric therapy room for 1-2-1 sessions, massages etc.
- Unlimited usage of hot tubs and tennis court.
- Mini-bus hire available at very reasonable rates for day trips or evenings out. We can also offer our guests access to Cornwall Wildlife Trust events and discounted tickets for the Lost Gardens of Heligan and Eden Project.
- Provision of supporting services from local practitioners for example Yoga, Reflexology and Reiki.
- Volunteering in our fruit and vegetable garden (operated on organic principles) is also available.
- Lovely walks around the farm, down to the river and further afield.
- We can recommend local baby sitters who we have used and are experienced plus have their own children so understand the leap of faith needed to leave your own with someone.
- We can support with marketing and booking management.
- The farm is managed in an eco-friendly manner and you can find out more about this here – we are happy to explain how this works during your visit.
- There is free WiFi and good mobile phone reception here with most providers.
- Direct train line from London Paddington to Plymouth (takes approximately 3 hours 30 minutes) and we can arrange for guests to be collected.
Owned and operated by experienced customer-service focused team, you can relax knowing that your clients will be well looked after in this gorgeous retreat venue.
Please contact us for more details and pricing on hiring the retreat venue.