If you fancy something a bit unusual / scary (!), then check out the Mount Batten Centre which offers Orienteering, Rock Climbing and Abseiling, Coasteering, Caving and Gorge Walking. Or the aptly named Adrenalin Quarry for wild swimming, climbing & tombstoning plus zip wires and more! If you are looking for some climbing, then check out Climb Cornwall. The Tamar Trails Centre near Tavistock is great for bike rides, tree surfing, canoeing and more. Fancy some stand-up paddleboarding? Then contact the lovely Mel at Mai Adventures who can take you out from our quay!
Clay Pigeon Shooting
This is available at Cart Ridge Shooting Ground a few miles away in Landrake.
There are many great options available in rivers (including Trout, Salmon, Grayling), the sea and stillwater.
A few miles away is the St Mellion International Resort with a Jack Nicklaus-designed, parkland course. Also within a few miles is the China Fleet Country Club in Saltash with it’s par 72 parkland course. A little further away is England’s Oldest Golf Course at the Royal North Devon Golf Club in Bideford.
If you want some pampering during your stay without leaving the comfort of the farm, then you can book treatments with one of our recommended therapists, click here to find out more.
Or there are luxurious Health Spa facilities a few miles away either at the St Mellion International Resort or the China Fleet Country Club. More intimate is The Greenhouse Spa a couple of miles away in St Mellion.
There are plenty of opportunities in the nearby safe waters of the Tamar estuary and there is a yacht club approximately 1 mile away in Cargreen. It is possible to bring your own boat and launch from a local quay with prior arrangement.
You could charter a boat for sea fishing, dolphin watching, bird watching or just a coastal trip to enjoy the beauty all around. Saltwater Boat Hire offers motorboat charter in Plymouth. Plymsail, Devon Sail and Liberty Yachts all offer bareboat and skippered yacht charters from Plymouth. From Looe (which is 30 minutes away) you can go sea fishing and charter a boat.
Canoe hire and trips are available from Cotehele Quay which is 15 – 20 minutes away and set slightly further up the River Tamar from the farm. Try Tamar Boat & Canoe Hire in Calstock who can be contacted on 07727 273682 or Canoe Tamar Safari. Kayak hire is available from TK Watersports from a variety of local locations.
Sibblyback Lake offers a wide range of equipment hire (rowing, windsurfing, sailing, canoeing, SUP, kayaking) or you can bring your own kit and launch there.
Stand-up Paddle Boarding is possible from the farm’s quay and other local quay – contact the lovely Mel at Mai Adventures.
Surf Hire and Lessons at Whitsand Bay with Adventure Bay They can also take you Coasteering if you are feeling brave!
Places of interest
- The Tate St Ives is a great rainy day option.
- Sterts Theatre (a unique tented amphitheatre) on Bodmin Moor. Open air yet covered to avoid any inclement weather!
- Theatre Royal Plymouthand the Barbican Theatre, Plymouth offer an excellent range of high quality performances. In early Autumn, the Landulph Festival of Music & Arts puts on some fantastic events right here in the village.
- Mary Newmans Cottage is in Saltash – she was the future wife of Sir Francis Drake, and this Grade II listed cottage is the oldest building in Saltash dating from around 1480.
- St Germans Priory and Port Eliot House & Gardens – read more here
- Mount Edgcumbe House and Park has some stunning walks, gardens and views across the sea. You can also take a ferry across to Plymouth landing near Royal William Yard for some stunning naval history and fantastic dining options. Adventure Segway also offer an interesting mode of transport for exploring the Park!
- Local National Trust properties
- For more ideas, check out this article on things to do in Cornwall before your die!!!