Scroll to end of page to see more images
Lower Marsh Farm offers a range of excellent options for a photo shoot and as a film location. This country house estate has both converted and unconverted traditional stone barns, an atmospheric hexagonal Well House, a games room / studio, plus over 40 acres of stunning grounds with River Tamar frontage, meadows, woodland, water wheel, tennis court and hot tubs. The majority of the buildings are set around 2 courtyards (one of which being a traditional cobbled courtyard).
Situated in the stunning Tamar Valley on the Cornwall / Devon border, historically a famous daffodil farm (the remains of the daffodils fields are in evidence during early Spring), it is in easy reach of Plymouth and under 4 hours from London. The grounds include a rare Salt Marsh habitat Nature Reserve (a designated Site of Special Scientific Interest) – a magical location with wildlife everywhere including deer, badgers, kingfishers, owls and bats nesting on the farm and regularly visible. It is a generally quiet rural location with good privacy.
THE BUILDINGS INCLUDE:
- Georgian / Victorian country farm house, with some rooms having Gothic Victorian arched windows, plus a spacious open plan kitchen / dining room with large Aga, log burner
- 2 barn conversions. Different rooms have beamed vaulted ceilings, exposed stonework, wooden floors, log burners.
- a gothic Victorian cottage with log burner, exposed stonework, wooden floors.
- Wooden fully insulated Yurt cabins.
- Studio / games room (9m x 5.5m) with gently sloping ceiling, wooden floor.
- Atmospheric Well House hexagonal building with stained glass windows.
- Traditional agricultural buildings.
THE GROUNDS INCLUDE:
- wild Salt Marsh Nature Reserve,
- River Tamar frontage with shingle beach,
- cobbled courtyard with buildings set around,
- tennis court,
- water wheel,
- hot tubs (inc wood burning stove one),
- traditional vegetable garden with brick paths and surrounded on 3 sides by a hedge with a traditional stone barn on the fourth side,
- children’s wood cabin in woodland, surrounded by Wild Garlic in Spring,
- Highland Cows, Peacocks, Ducks and Chickens are all kept at the farm.
Managed by an experienced professional customer focused team.
FOR THE CREW:
- Off street unrestricted parking at the farm for a number of vehicles with direct access for lorries up to 18T,
- Bathroom facilities,
- Accommodation, office and catering options available if required,
- Good mobile phone reception around the venue, internet and WiFi available in the courtyards and buildings,
- Conveniently located just 15 minutes from Plymouth and easy to find but off the beaten track.
- Normally quiet with very little background noise. On occasion nearby church bells will be rung, livestock noises and farm machinery noise are present,
To find out more, and discuss your requirements for a photo shoot, film location or similar please contact us.