Lower Marsh Farm, in the stunning Tamar Valley on the border of Cornwall and Devon, is the perfect setting for your multigeneration holiday. Perfect for those large family getaways, sleeping up to 20 people in comfortable award-winning dog friendly accommodation (set over three properties). This country estate is set far from the madding crowd yet within easy access of all that Cornwall and Devon have to offer which includes beaches, moorland walks and gorgeous gardens.
Silver award winner in the Cornwall Tourism Awards 2017 / 2018 Self Catering Property of the Year category and awarded Highly Commended in their Wildlife Friendly Tourism Business Award category, you will be staying in one of the best locations in Cornwall. Find out more about our awards and what people say here.
The facilities at Lower Marsh Farm include:
- Over 40 acres of grounds to explore including Salt Marsh Nature Reserve, river frontage, beach, woodland, pastures and also an orchard,
- Tennis court (rackets and balls provided),
- Hot tubs (additional charges apply during winter months from November to March to contriute towards the electricity usage),
- Spacious dining room for your whole group,
- Games room with table tennis, toys for young children and a wide selection of welly boots that can be borrowed for country and even beach walks,
- Basketball hoop,
- Woodland play houses and dens,
- Outdoor play area for young children, a mud kitchen, climbing / scrabbling wall and tree house,
- Spa treatment room for pampering treatments (these need to be booked and are at additional cost),
- A selection of useful items for those travelling with babies / toddlers / young children including cots, highchairs, stairgate, toys and more.
- Plenty of parking within the farm courtyards.
- An EV charger is available at the farm (request a tag when booking and you will be charged for the amount of electricity used).
The farm is managed in an eco-friendly sustainable manner and you can find out more about this here – we are always happy to discuss how this works during your visit. On the farm there is wildlife galore including deer, badgers, otters, owls, bats and numerous ground wading birds plus chickens, ducks, Highland Cows and a dog!
Adrienn B says “We all really enjoyed our stay at your lovely barn! Definitely coming back in the future!” October ’18
This was one of our most relaxing holiday as a family! Kingfisher Barn has absolutely everything we needed! Our kids loved the game room as well as the tennis court(they were cycling around a lot 😊). The hot tub was everyone’s favourite! Dads loved the fire place! We had great big walks in the forest and private beach too. Olivia is a friendly and helpful host! We are definitely coming back again in the future!
The accommodation comprises 3 properties and 3 yurts each sufficiently separate to allow privacy and time apart but just across the courtyard from each other. The properties are:
- Kingfisher Barn – perfect for multi-generation families and sleeps up to 8 in 4 bedrooms, with large upper floor open plan living space for family dining and chilling out around the fire playing games. Three of the bedrooms can be configured either with a king sized double bed or 2 singles and the fourth bedroom has a full sized bunk-bed – perfect for the grandchildren. There is also space in 2 of the bedrooms for a cot.
- Bulrush Barn – sleeps up to 3 with views down over the Salt Marsh nature reserve to the river, log burner and a luxury bathroom. There is 1 bedroom with a king sized bed or can be configured as 2 singles plus another single bed. There is also space for a cot.
- Orchard Cottage – sleeps up to 3 in this romantic Gothic Victorian style cottage set all on the ground floor with another hot tub. There is a king sized bed or which can be configured as 2 singles, plus a double sofa bed (suitable for 1 person) and space for a baby’s cot.
- 3 Yurts – fully insulated wooden yurts which are completely dry.
Each property has a well equipped modern kitchen, dining area and comfortable seating plus books, board games, private garden with hot tub, BBQ and outside dining area. The yurts share a field kitchen and bathroom, both a short walk away from the yurts. Luxury Egyptian Cotton bed linen, fluffy cotton towels, complementary toiletries, heating and logs included. There is also plenty of storage for bikes, surf boards etc.
Dogs are most welcome (there is a small charge) and get their own welcome hamper . There are resident chickens, ducks, geese, dogs and cows so dogs need to be well behaved and kept under control at all times. A pet sitting service is available by prior arrangement in the village. We welcome Registered Guide and Hearing Dogs, at no extra cost.
To check availability for all 3 properties together please click here. For pricing and to book click here (you do need to book each property individually). If you have any questions, please contact us.
Jessica A said “A beautiful house in a beautiful location” August 2018
Relaxing and extremely comfortable with something for all ages. We took five children with ages ranging from 17-9, and no one complained once that there was nothing to do! The hot tub was a hit!! Highly recommended! ”
Things to do locally
There are a fantastic selection of beaches to visit, walking routes, places to dine out and days out for everyone – you can find out more here.
We are Cornwall Wildlife Trust Members which gives our guests access to their wildlife education sessions for children which include mini-beast safaris, rock pooling events and bird box making. Some of these sessions are held at the farm!
We can also offer our guests discounted tickets for the Lost Gardens of Heligan.
Please contact us for more details, pricing and to book.
Samar S said “A perfect place for families with young kids. ” July 2018
No need to leave – lots of walks out the door. Fantastic play areas all around the farm. The indoor space was great for family time. We will be back!
You can also enjoy the following (booking required and at extra cost):
- Daily house keeping (making up beds, changing towels, cleaning and tidying common areas),
- Afternoon tea,
- ‘Ready to heat’ suppers,
- Birthday cake,
- Pampering treatments,
- Stand-up paddle boarding, wine tasting evening, wild foraging workshops, beach school sessions (for preschool aged children) and more,
- Yoga or Pilates class/es,
- Other activities, for example, archery, clay pigeon shooting, beach and / or forest school for children under 10 years old,
- Mini-bus hire.
Please contact us for more details, pricing and to book.