Awarding winning accommodation in a rural location in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty with its own nature reserve, river frontage and great facilities. Lower Marsh Farm is stunning, peaceful and run sustainably for wildlife.
Romance on your mind? Click here to find out how we can help!
Visiting at Christmas? Find out what’s on and how we help make your festivities special.
Bulrush Barn is named after the Bulrushes that can be seen on the Salt Marsh from the bedroom which views down to the river. It is a traditional stone barn set on the upper floor which provides romantic cosy accommodation for 2-3 people staying at Lower Marsh Farm. Converted in 2018 with a open plan living space with a modern kitchen area, dining area and comfortable corner sofa near the log burner with views into the garden. There is a spacious bedroom with a king sized bed and separate single day bed (suitable a young child or just relaxing on with a good book!). The luxury en-suite bathroom has a walk-in shower and separate bath for soaking in.
Outside there’s a private garden area with views across fields, outside cooking facilities with a table and chairs for al-fresco dining. Also in the large, fenced, private garden, is a stylish *wood-fired hot tub (logs are free of charge and sustainably sourced from the farm).
Guests have full access to all of our amenities – including tennis court, orchard and picnic area, basketball hoop, Salt Marsh Nature Reserve, woodland and private shingle river tidal beach. The ample space on the farm, self check-in option, lots of walks (maps provided) and exercise from your door opportunities mean that social distancing comes ‘as standard’. There will be hand soap loo rolls in the property ready for your arrival along with a supply of cleaning products for use if desired during your stay. Prior to your arrival the property will have been cleaned in line with current guidelines.
If you are rather looking forward to some peace and quiet, to recover from recent life events, then this tranquil rural spot fits the bill; we can even arrange private yoga classes for you if desired. There are also a number of bookable experiences and treats here at Lower Marsh Farm including private wild food foraging workshops, wine or gin tasting evenings, spa treatments, afternoon tea, suppers and more.
Also we are Cornwall Wildlife Trust Members which gives our guests access to their wildlife education sessions for children which include mini-beast safaris, rock pooling events and bird box making. You can also purchase discounted tickets for the Lost Gardens of Heligan and Eden Project. The farm is managed in an eco-friendly manner and you can find out more about this here – we are happy to explain how this works during your visit.
You can also have great quality, sustainably grown food delivered by local providers – and we also grow many of our own vegetables too. A dairies located in the next village can provide milk and dairy products.
At the farm you can access the onsite ‘hot desk office’ if you need to do some work, with good internet access.
After a day of exploring the farm and nearby areas, relax with a drink in front of the roaring log burner. You are welcome to use wood from our wood store.
There are so many things to do here and out and about, but we have rainy days covered too. The barn comes complete with a flat screen satellite television and DVD player. There are books, board games and DVDs in the property for your use.
Read recent reviews to find out what previous guests thought.
- Sleeps up to 3 people in 1 king size bed and a single bed (there is also space for a a cot for a baby which we can provide).
- Off street parking just outside the barn.
- Fully Fitted Kitchen with full self catering facilities including a good sized fridge / freezer, dish washer and washing machine.
- Wood burner.
- Free Wi-Fi.
- DVD Player.
- Large flat-screen Satellite Television.
- Private hot tub.
- Al fresco dining with BBQ in private garden.
- Luxury Egyptian Cotton bed linen, fluffy cotton towels, complementary toiletries and heating included.
- This is a NO SMOKING property.
- There is good mobile phone reception here with most providers.
- Dog friendly! You are welcome to bring your dog/s (at an extra charge of £20 per dog per stay). Your large garden is fenced and there are plenty of walks straight from your front door (and a hose pipe for washing them down if needed!). We provide a dog hamper with essentials like towels and a blanket (if required, a dog bed is available). Please be aware however, that we have resident chickens, ducks, geese, dogs and cows. Therefore, dogs do need to be well behaved and kept under control at all times. A pet sitting service is available by prior arrangement in the village. We welcome Registered Guide and Hearing Dogs, at no extra cost.
- If you are travelling with a young baby or toddler then we can provide a variety of the necessities they require – find out more here.
- For people with accessibility requirements, we have additional ground floor accommodation available so please do contact us to discuss. External and internal doors are all of a standard width and height. Kitchen work tops are of a standard height. Bathroom has a very low profile shower tray. Click here to view the accessibility guide for Bulrush Barn. If a member of your party suffers from memory impairments, we can put up internal door signage. External doors are lockable with a removable key.
- Want some pampering during your stay? A massage perhaps without leaving the comfort of the cottage? Click here to find out more.
- We can provide a delicious Cornish Afternoon Tea for your arrival, organise a home cooked meal ready for you on your first evening or for a special event during your stay, provide daily house-keeping, plus other Lifestyle Concierge services (arrange Birthday Cakes, event tickets, a massage in the cottage or whatever), please contact us with your request and for pricing.
- Storage available for bikes, surf boards etc.
- Free to use ‘Hot Desk’ office space while you are staying with us.
Please note that the ‘games room’ may not be available if we have a retreat running at the same time as your booking.
*Subject to staff availability we can light the hot tub so that it is warm for arrivals between 3pm and 7pm – after which the fire may have gone out but the water will be quite warm and relighting the fire will mean it was ready for use in under an hour – there is a small charge of £30 for this service.