Silver award winner in the Cornwall Tourism Awards 2017 / 2018 Self Catering Property of the Year category and awarded Highly Commended in their Wildlife Friendly Tourism Business Award category, you will be staying in one of the best locations in Cornwall.
Romance on your mind? Click here to find out how we can help!
Bulrush Barn is named after the Bulrushes that can be seen on the Salt Marsh from the bedroom which views down to the river. It is a traditional stone barn set on the upper floor which provides romantic cosy accommodation for 2-3 people staying at Lower Marsh Farm. Converted in 2018 with a open plan living space with a modern kitchen area, dining area and comfortable corner sofa near the log burner with views into the garden. There is a spacious bedroom with a king sized bed and separate single day bed (suitable a young child or just relaxing on with a good book!). The luxury en-suite bathroom has a walk-in shower and separate bath for soaking in.
Outside there’s a private garden area with views across fields, outside cooking facilities with a table and chairs for al-fresco dining.
Guests have full access to all of our amenities – including tennis court, orchard and picnic area, basketball hoop, woodland and private shingle beach. Also we are Cornwall Wildlife Trust Members which gives our guests access to their wildlife education sessions for children which include mini-beast safaris, rock pooling events and bird box making. We can also offer our guests discounted tickets for the Lost Gardens of Heligan and Eden Project. The farm is managed in an eco-friendly manner and you can find out more about this here – we are happy to explain how this works during your visit.
After a day of exploring the Farm and nearby areas, relax with a drink in front of the roaring log burner. You are welcome to use wood from our wood store.
There are so many things to do here and out and about, but we have rainy days covered too. The barn comes complete with a flat screen satellite television and DVD player. There are books and DVDs in the property for your use.
Read recent reviews to find out what previous guests thought.
- Sleeps up to 3 people in 1 king size bed and a single bed (there is also space for a a cot for a baby which we can provide).
- Off street parking just outside the barn.
- Fully Fitted Kitchen with full self catering facilities including a good sized fridge / freezer, dish washer and washing machine.
- Wood burner.
- Free Wi-Fi.
- DVD Player.
- Large flat-screen Satellite Television.
- Al fresco dining with BBQ in private garden
- External and internal doors are all of a standard width and height. Kitchen work tops are of a standard height. Bathroom has a very low profile shower tray.
- Luxury Egyptian Cotton bed linen, fluffy cotton towels, complementary toiletries and heating included.
- This is a NO SMOKING property.
- There is good mobile phone reception here with most providers.
- Storage available for bikes, surf boards etc.
- If you are travelling with a young baby or toddler then we can provide a variety of the necessities they require – find out more here.
- For people with accessibility requirements, we have additional ground floor accommodation available so please do contact us to discuss. Click here to view the accessibility guide for Bulrush Barn. If a member of your party suffers from memory impairments, we can put up internal door signage. External doors are lockable with a removable key.
- Want some pampering during your stay? A massage perhaps without leaving the comfort of the cottage? Click here to find out more.
- We can provide a delicious Cornish Afternoon Tea for your arrival, organise a home cooked meal ready for you on your first evening or for a special event during your stay, provide daily house-keeping, plus other Lifestyle Concierge services (arrange Birthday Cakes, event tickets, a massage in the cottage or whatever), please contact us with your request and for pricing.
Please note that the ‘games room’ may not be available if we have a retreat running at the same time as your booking.
You are welcome to bring your dog/s (at an extra charge of £20 per dog per stay). Please be aware however, that we have resident chickens, ducks, geese, dogs and cows. Therefore, dogs do need to be well behaved and kept under control at all times. A pet sitting service is available by prior arrangement in the village. We welcome Registered Guide and Hearing Dogs, at no extra cost.