We are currently offering a flexible reservation policy for July and August ’20 bookings which would allow you to transfer your deposit to a booking on alternative available dates (within a 12 month period of your original booking) without penalty, if you need to postpone your stay due to Covid-19 travel restrictions. Further details will be sent in response to your booking request.
Romance on your mind? Click here to find out how we can help!
Visiting at Christmas? Find out what’s on and how we help make your festivities special.
Awarding winning accommodation in a rural location in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty with its own nature reserve, river frontage and great facilities. Lower Marsh Farm is stunning, peaceful and run sustainably for wildlife.
Orchard Cottage (named after its garden which overlooks the Orchard across to the Woods) is a Victorian Gothic style attached property which provides picturesque cosy accommodation for 1-3 people staying at Lower Marsh Farm. Set all on the ground floor, it was recently fully refurbished with a modern eat-in kitchen, stylish bathroom, comfortable living and sleeping area with oak flooring and a wood burner.
Outside there’s a private garden area overlooking the orchard with your own hot tub, a table and chairs for al-fresco dining and a BBQ. The garden is planted with a pretty herbaceous border and includes a gorgeous dark purple Buddleia which swarms with butterflies in the summer. There is a small plum tree with fruits ready for picking in late summer and just outside the garden but with some branches hanging over is an ancient mulberry tree whose delicious fruits are again ready in late summer. Then a few steps takes you into the Orchard where there are apples, cherries, pears, plums, walnuts and a young Quince so there are fruit treats ready from July onwards with the final apples maturing as late as November!
Orchard Cottage has step free access and is all on the ground floor making the cottage comfortable for those with limited mobility.
Guests have full access to all of our amenities – including tennis court, orchard and picnic area, basketball hoop, Salt Marsh Nature Reserve, woodland and private shingle river tidal beach. The ample space on the farm, self check-in option, lots of walks (maps provided) and exercise from your door opportunities mean that social distancing comes ‘as standard’. There will be hand soap loo rolls in the property ready for your arrival along with a supply of cleaning products for use if desired during your stay. Prior to your arrival the property will have been cleaned in line with current guidelines.
If you are rather looking forward to some peace and quiet, to recover from recent life events, then this tranquil rural spot fits the bill; we can even arrange private yoga classes for you if desired. There are also a number of bookable experiences and treats here at Lower Marsh Farm including private wild food foraging workshops, wine or gin tasting evenings, spa treatments, afternoon tea, suppers and more.
Also we are Cornwall Wildlife Trust Members which gives our guests access to their wildlife education sessions for children which include mini-beast safaris, rock pooling events and bird box making. You can also purchase discounted tickets for the Lost Gardens of Heligan and Eden Project. The farm is managed in an eco-friendly manner and you can find out more about this here – we are happy to explain how this works during your visit.
You can also have great quality, sustainably grown food delivered by local providers – and we also grow many of our own vegetables too. A dairies located in the next village can provide milk and dairy products.
At the farm you can access the onsite ‘hot desk office’ if you need to do some work, with good internet access.
After a day of exploring the farm and nearby areas, relax with a drink in front of the roaring log burner – you are welcome to use wood from our wood store.
There are so many things to do here and out and about, but for any rainy days, the cottage comes complete with a flat screen television and DVD player. There are books, board games and DVDs in the property for your use.
Read recent reviews to find out what previous guests thought.
- Sleeps 1-3 people in 1 king size bed (can be configured as 2 single beds) and a double sofa bed (suitable for a young child).
- Off street parking directly outside the cottage.
- Fully Fitted Kitchen with full self catering facilities including a good sized fridge / freezer, dish washer and washing machine.
- Wood burner.
- Free Wi-Fi.
- DVD Player.
- Large flat-screen Television.
- Private hot tub, al fresco dining with BBQ in private garden.
- Luxury Egyptian Cotton bed linen, white fluffy cotton towels, complementary toiletries and heating included.
- This is a NO SMOKING property.
- There is good mobile phone reception here with most providers.
- Dog friendly! You are welcome to bring your dog/s (at an extra charge of £20 per dog per stay). Your large garden is fenced and there are plenty of walks straight from your front door (and a hose pipe for washing them down if needed!). We provide a dog hamper with essentials like towels and a blanket (if required, a dog bed is available). Please be aware however, that we have resident chickens, ducks, geese, dogs and cows. Therefore, dogs do need to be well behaved and kept under control at all times. A pet sitting service is available by prior arrangement in the village. We welcome Registered Guide and Hearing Dogs, at no extra cost.
- If you are travelling with a young baby or toddler then we can provide a variety of the necessities they require – find out more here.
- Click here to view the accessibility guide for Orchard Cottage. External and internal doors are all of a standard width and height. Kitchen work tops are of a standard height. The bathroom is designed to be helpful for guests with limited mobility. There is a grab bar next to WC and very low profile shower tray. If a member of your party suffers from memory impairments, we can put up internal door signage. External doors are lockable with a removable key. The environment is peaceful and we can offer ready to cook evening meals to lighten the load!
- Want some pampering during your stay? A massage perhaps without leaving the comfort of the cottage? Click here to find out more.
- We can provide a delicious Cornish Afternoon Tea for your arrival, organise a home cooked meal ready for you on your first evening or for a special event during your stay, provide daily house-keeping, plus other Lifestyle Concierge services (arrange Birthday Cakes, event tickets, a massage in the cottage or whatever), please contact us with your request and for pricing.
- Storage available for bikes, surf boards etc.
- Free to use ‘Hot Desk’ office space, while you are staying with us.
Please note that the ‘games room’ may not be available if we have a retreat running at the same time as your booking.
Find us on Last Minute Holiday Cottages